Covid 19 has brought a new set of challenges in the organisation of sporting events across the country.
Cycling Ireland have developed a set of guidelines for to allow cycling events take place at this time.
With these guidelines in mind, there will be some changes to the Munster CX league for this season. These changes are in place with two main targets in mind – firstly that everyone stays healthy, and secondly to ensure the league can go ahead.
As a result, there will be a more “bare bones” feel to the events this year, but rest assured, it will be back to normal in future seasons.
Please familiarise yourself with the below.
Before the Event
- Entries will close on the Thursday prior to the race. No entry on the day. All underage riders must register online also
- Pit crews must register on CI portal
- Volunteers must register on CI Portal
- Media personnel must register on CI Portal
Day of Event
- If you are feeling unwell, or showing any symptoms of Covid-19, you must not attend the event
- Temperature’s to be taken at random from riders before they collect numbers or leave car’s if possible. If a high reading first time it will be permitted to be taken a second time. If still high, the person will not be permitted to take part and will be asked to leave the venue immediately
- Timing/number pack will be provided to competitor
- Riders will wear masks on the start line and will be instructed by the commassire to take them off with one minute to go, they should be put back on once they finish the race.
- Timing/number pack to be placed in collection bucket by competitor after crossing finish line.
- There will be no podiums or prizes or jerseys – the main objective is to run the races and cut down on everything that is associated with the race, once people cross the finish line the objective is that they leave the venue as quickly as possible
- No team tents, trade stands or coffee trucks – races will have a “bare bones” feel this season
- No Spectators allowed in the venue.
Order of Day
We are changing the running order of races to have as little people as possible at the venue
- The B race will be first at 10am the u16 will go with the b’s, race will be 40 min long
- The underage will be next starting at 11: 15am from u6/u8 up to u14
- All competitors from the morning are to leave the venue unless they have a family member in the A/Ladies race. Riders for the A race and Ladies are not allowed in the venue when the B race and underage races are taking place unless they have a family member racing. They are not allowed ride on the course until directly prior to their own races
- There will then be a break in proceedings until the A race and Ladies race at 1:30 pm